HMRC Use Policies & Request Materials Forms
The purpose of the following rules is to preserve historically valuable materials for future generations. Failure to comply with all the rules may result in being refused further access to the archives. Additional measures and restrictions to preserve materials are at the discretion of the staff.
Use Policies Form to enter the room but not use any of our materials.
Materials Retrieval Form if you would like to use any of our materials.
HMRC Room and Collection Use Policies
The purpose of the following regulations and guidelines is to preserve historically valuable materials for future generations. Additional measures and restrictions to preserve materials are at the discretion of the staff.
1. Pencils, note taking materials, cell phones, and personal computers are allowed in the Texas Room. All other personal property shall be stored in secure lockers which are provided free of charge. HMRC is not responsible for the security of personal belongings.
2. HMRC is an ink-free facility. Pencils are available at the Reference Desk.
3. No materials in the custody of HMRC may be removed from the Texas Room. Personal property and research notes may be inspected before leaving.
4. Please do not re-shelve or return any materials.
5. Food, beverages, and other consumables, such as gum, tobacco, and cough drops, are not allowed in the Texas Room.
6. Personal communication devices should be set to vibrate or turned off. Please take all calls outside of the Texas Room.
7. Use of cameras and some personal scanning devices may be allowed with staff approval. Additional light or physical contact is damaging to the materials and is not allowed.
8. The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming to the laws of copyright, literary property rights, privacy, and libel.