2020 Liftoff Houston Business Plan Competition: Virtual Edition
Launch Date: July 8, 2020
Liftoff Houston is the City of Houston's annual business plan competition. It is an entrepreneurial initiative that aims to empower Houstonians with business literacy education and mentorship to start their own businesses while contributing to the local growth and sustainability of the Houston economy. It is sponsored by Capital One Bank, which provides cash prizes totaling $30,000. This year, there are two ways to participate in Liftoff Houston:
- The 2020 Liftoff Houston Start-Up Business Plan Competition
- The 2020 Liftoff Houston Educational Pathway
Award Categories: Product, Service, and Innovation
- $10,000 – Awarded for top “Product” Based Business Plan (retail, resale, merchandise, etc.)
- $10,000 – Awarded for top “Service” Based Business Plan (food, labor, consulting, etc.)
- $10,000 – Awarded for top “Innovation” Based Business Plan (software, hardware, inventions, new market businesses, etc.)
Attending an orientation is REQUIRED for everyone. Select an orientation below to register.
Orientation 1 | August 3, 2020 | 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM | Microsoft Teams
Orientation 2 | August 5, 2020 | 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM | Microsoft Teams
Orientation 3 | August 8, 2020 | 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM | Microsoft Teams
Orientation 4 | August 10, 2020 | 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM | Microsoft Teams
Saturday, November 7, 2020 | 10 AM - 2 PM
Hear business pitches from this year's finalists and be in the room when we announce the winners of this 2020 competition! Business resource information will be provided to those in attendance.