Located on the 2nd floor at Central Library- provides information, services and programs for small businesses and entrepreneurs, college and job seekers, career changers and grant seekers.
Looking for a job? Need help writing a résumé? Seeking advice on your career? Houston Public Library and Workforce Solutions are here to help!
Get free assistance with:
- Job search assistance
- Résumé writing tips
- Interviewing tips
- Rebranding your skills
- Career advice
- Educational information
- Use your library card to register for free online courses from Gale Courses and Lynda.com
- Access career resources and resume help from Brainfuse Adult Learning Center
Locations, Days and Time
Central Library, Compass 2nd Floor
500 McKinney, 77002 | 832-393-1313
Mondays | 2 PM - 4 PM
Tuesdays | 2 PM - 4 PM
Wednesdays | 10 AM - 12 PM
Thursdays | 10 AM - 12 PM
8835 Long Point, 77055 | 832-393-2000
Tuesdays | 1 PM - 4 PM
Fridays | 1 PM - 4 PM
Walk-ins are welcome. For more information about Workforce Solutions, please visit www.wrksolutions.com.
- Small Business Reference Center Provides periodical articles, reference books, and 'how to' videos on relevant topics from starting a company, operations management and sales to growing or rescuing a business.
- Business Insights: Global Uses case studies, statistical data sources, news articles, academic journals and topical reference materials organized by country, company and industry to quickly engage users in the global business environment.
- Reference USA (In Library Version) or Reference USA (For Remote Users) Includes company profiles including branch locations, executives, and business size from local businesses to international corporations.
Resume Writing and Interview Skills
- Optimal Resume Provides guides and examples for resume and cover letter writing, interview preparation, and creating an online presence through social networking and your own web site.
- Gale Courses Offers online courses designed for adult lifelong learners who are looking to acquire new skills to aid in career development. The instructor-lead courses last six weeks with a total of 12 lessons. Please be sure to read the home page carefully for instructions on how to request the pass code needed to register for a course.
- Learning Express Library Offers courses in resume writing, job search and business writing skills, as well as practice exams.
- Brainfuse Adult Learning Center Provides help with resume writing and interviewing and links to practice exams.
- Career OneStop Job banks for employers and job seekers.
- Employment Guide.com Online version of the Employment Guide magazine includes hourly and skilled jobs from entry-level to mid-management.
- ComputerWork.com Jobs for programmers, DBAs, analysts, and other computer professionals. Submit your resume for automatic job matching.
- JOBS: Houston Employment service for the Houston area.
- Riley Guide An index to employment opportunities and job resources on the Internet.
- TweetMyJobs Houston! Website and mobile app that matches qualified job seekers with thriving Houston businesses. It is a service provided by the City of Houston's Office of Business Opportunity.
- WorkInTexas Public and private sector jobs listed with the Texas Workforce Commission. Education and training opportunities which lead to employment.
- USA Jobs Employment opportunities with the federal government.
- America’s Career Infonet Career resources, industry information, and training information for job seekers, employers, and professionals.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook Job outlook information for hundreds of occupations from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Glassdoor Company salaries, reviews and interviews
- Salary Center Online salary, benefits and cost of living surveys both general and by profession as well as national and state level.
- Salaries and Wages -- U.S. Office of Personnel Management Pay scale for Federal jobs in 30 cities and rural areas.
- Salary Calculator Relocation tool that compares the cost of living in hundreds of U.S. and international cities.
- Salary.com Detailed salary information for a wide range of jobs sorted by occupation and region, and additional career advice, news and resources.