We're popping up all over the city to bring you free family fun storytimes including free books, crafts, activities and passes to the Children's Museum of Houston. And of course, free library cards.
- What is Pop Up Library?
A program created in partnership with Children's Museum of Houston to improve young children's learning abilities. It is designed for families with young children and brings library materials, resources and programming into public spaces.
- What does Pop Up Library include?
It includes a transportable tent with accessories such iPads, library materials and resources. It is designed to be portable and can "pop up" anywhere! Ideal for daycares, schools, after school programs and any location with young children.
- Will an attending child get any giveaways?
Each child attending will receive the following:
- free book with a Pop Up Library bookplate
- learning activity to take home
- benefits of literacy development and learning efforts in the areas of math, science and creative arts
- Who staffs the Pop Up Library?
Our enthusiastic staff have been trained to facilitate on-site learning programs.
- Where do I find Pop Up Library events?
Check Community Engagement Events for Pop Up Library stops. The program may be booked for an audience of 25 children in Grade K through 3.
Pop Up Library TOO
• Pop Up Library TOO is an expanded version of our famous Pop Up Library program that includes all the activities listed above.
• It focuses on the literacy development and learning efforts of children with various special learning needs.
• It incorporates books, technology, and sensory activities that are fun and enjoyable.
This program may be booked for an audience of 15 students with various special learning needs.