Get online anywhere, anytime with HPL's Mobile Wifi Hotspot!
The Mobile Hotspot can be checked out for 3 weeks. The Hotspot must be returned to the Service Desk of the location where it was checked out. Do not return the Hotspot in the book drop.
Fines & Fees
Please check with your local library.
Technical Support for the Mobile Hotspot
HPL Technical Help 281-387-7998
Monday - Friday, 9 AM- 5 PM
Give us your feedback!
Submit the user survey
Currently available at these locations:
Carnegie Neighborhood Library and Center for Learning
Henington-Alief Regional Library
Johnson Neighborhood Library
Jungman Neighborhood Library
Mancuso Neighborhood Library
Moody Neighborhood Library
HPL Express Southwest
Shepard-Acres Homes Neighborhood Library
Smith Neighborhood Library
Stanaker Neighborhood Library
Stimley-Blue Ridge Neighborhood Library
Young Neighborhood Library
Quick Mobile Hot Spot Guide
- Before using the Hotspot, charge it for 3 hours. You may still use it while it is charging.
- To turn the Hotspot device on, press and hold the power button until you see the word “Welcome” on the LCD screen.
- In order to get a better wireless signal, make sure you are in an area that is covered by the Sprint network.
- The Wi-Fi network name and password are printed on the label of the Hotspot device.
- The Hotspot device works on most Wi-Fi enabled devices such as laptops, desktops, smart phones and tablets. To connect your device, find the Wi-Fi network name on your device and connect to it.
- The Hotspot battery will last between 8 to 24 hours depending on usage. To shut down or turn off the device completely, press and hold the power button until you see the word “Goodbye” on the LCD Screen.
- When you are ready to return the Hotspot to the library, place the device and charger in the box. Make sure to return it to the HPL location’s service desk where you checked it out.
- Please be gentle with the device, charger and case.