Compass located at Central Library, provides information, services and programs for small businesses and entrepreneurs, college and job seekers, career changers and grant seekers.
If you want to improve your skills or learn new skills for work or home, then use your Library Card and register today for FREE online courses from Ed2Go. Access career resources and get resume help from Brainfuse Adult Learning Center.
Workforce Development Services
- Provide classes and workshops for job seekers and displaced workers:
- Resume writing
- Cover letters
- Interview techniques
Provide one-on-one appointments providing assistance to job seekers.
Small Business and Foundation Services
- Resource center for local marketing information
- Information and research, with in-depth research and referral assistance by appointment
- Orientation and training sessions on how to use library resources
- Workshops on setting up and running a small business
- Gateway for information on small business development organizations
- One-on-one appointments with volunteer small business advisers
- Information and research assistance
- Library has resources for prospective & current college students:
- Selecting an appropriate college or university
- Submitting applications
- Locating financial aid
- Provide one-on-one appointments for providing assistance to current and prospective students
- Provides resources for individuals and organizations looking for grants, including fundraising directories and materials on fundraising and proposal development.
- Provide classes and workshops on the fundraising process, locating grants, proposal writing, and other topics.